Vietnamese Rice Noodles w/ Sweet Chicken
June, 23rd 2020
There are a few components to this dish, but don’t let it intimidate you because once you break it down it’s fairly straight forward! This dish is simple enough for everyday people to make. Not to mention very healthy. Feel free to replace the Chicken with Shrimp or Pork Shoulder.
2 – 3
# of Ingredients:
9 or More
Lunch or Dinner
Sweet Sticky Chicken
- 3 – 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Diced)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon White Pepper
Noodles 7-8 oz dried rice vermicelli noodles
Vegetables & Garnishes
- Sliced or shredded cucumber
- 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- A few leaves lettuce
- A handful cilantro
Additional Garnish Suggestions (mint leaves or red bell peppers)
Traditional Sauce (Nuoc Cham)
1/2 cup hot water
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice or to taste
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Step by Step Instructions
- Remove some of the fat off the chicken thighs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sticky sauce ingredients together then pour over diced chicken thighs. Store inside a ziplock bag for 30mins to 24hrs.
- Saute chicken for approximately 25 to 30 minutes on medium heat. Be sure to pour all the sauce into your skillet.
Rice Noodles – Cook noodles base on package instructions. It usually cooks quickly! Drain all the water and store inside the refrigerator for later.
Combine – Add a handful of noodles to a bowl, topped with Chicken, vegetables, and garnishes. Serve with your favorite sauce, and enjoy!