Cajun Catfish Cakes
August, 14th 2020
This recipe was inspired by A Cajun Life. What I love about this recipe is that it’s perfect for anyone with a shellfish allergy.
6 – 8
30 – 45 Mins
# of Ingredients:
Lunch or Dinner
4 catfish fillets, about 6 ounces each
1 package of A CAJUN LIFE® Seafood Rub
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup crackers, crushed
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
1 large egg, beaten
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the catfish on both sides with 1 tablespoon A CAJUN LIFE® Seafood Rub.
- Brush the grill pan with some of the canola oil and grill the catfish until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and let cool.
- Into a large bowl, add the cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons plus of mustard, and egg. Shred the fish with a fork and add to the bowl. Fold everything together. Form into 6 – 8 small cakes and place inside the refrigerator for 30 mins.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the remaining canola oil. When it is hot, add the catfish cakes and cook until browned on each side, 4 to 5 minutes total. Drain on brown paper.
While the cakes are cooling, make the remoulade: In a bowl, stir together the remaining 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon A CAJUN LIFE® Seafood Rub, 1 teaspoon mustard, hot sauce, lemon juice, and garlic.