Banana Nut MuffinS
January, 24th 2022
This banana nut muffin recipe is a perfect treat to be enjoyed as a breakfast-on-the-go, or as a sweet afternoon snack! I used walnuts, but feel free to use other nuts or none all together. Use a food processor to chop/ mince your walnuts. I’ll be the first to admit, baking treats is not my forte. But I NAILED this recipe on my first try! This was a huge shock to me!! My husband and daughter LOVE these muffins. I hope you enjoy them as well. BONUS: This recipe can easily make over a dozen muffins. I baked the leftover mixture in a loaf pan.
# of Ingredients:
what you will need
4 overripe bananas
1 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel the bananas. Mash them roughly with a fork. Leaving some chunky pieces for texture.
- Place half of the mashed bananas in a large bowl. Set aside the other half of the bananas.
- Add raw sugar to your mixing bowl, whip them together for 3 minutes until a frothy mixture forms.
- Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix together until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, sea salt, remaining bananas and walnuts. Stir until just combined.
- Spray muffin tin. Scoop the mixture into tin with a large scoop or a spoon. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes until baked through.